The outline plan for this summer is complete. It involves 9 new climbs, culminating with Mont Ventoux. Before that, I also want to reacquaint myself with the Col du Galibier, but this time, going up via the Col de Lautaret. You can't go to Bourg d'Oisans without riding up Alpe d'Huez, of course. And the Col d'Ornon is a fitting apéritif to the whole enterprise.
Here is the full list. The text in parentheses are the ride number in 100 Greatest Climbs of the Tour de France, and the climb's star rating.
From Bourg d'Oisans:
- Col d'Ornon (84: 5/10)
- Alpe d'Huez (83: 8/10)
- Col de la Madeleine via the Col du Glandon (75&81: 9/10&8/10)
- Col du Galibier via the Col du Lautaret (87&88: 10/10&4/10)
From Bourg St Maurice:
- Cormet-de-Roseland (68: 7/10)
- La Plagne (77: 7/10)
- Col de l'Iseran (78: 10/10)
- Col d'Agnel (92: 9/10)
- Col de Vars (95: 8/10)
- Col d'Allos (97: 9/10)
- Cime de la Bonette (98: 10/10)
- Mont Ventoux (100: 10/10)
This all depends on being able to book accommodation and travel, of course. We'll be trying for early August again, just after the Tour de France has passed through. It's a lot to pack into two weeks.