Saturday 14 June 2014

Le Materiel Electronique

These days, it's amazing how much electronic equipment you can carry, even on a racing bike. A full satellite navigation system, mapping system and data collection system are all contained within my Garmin Edge 705. It clips to the handlebar stem, is about the size of a typical laptop mouse, and yet tells me where to go, shows me where I am and records how well I'm doing.

My mobile phone, a Sony Xperia Z1, also has detailed mapping loaded, and can also show me where I am, but this time on high resolution maps on a large, colour screen.

Finally, my camera, a Canon EOS-M, combines high resolution image wizardry and great optics in a tiny package that fits easily within the storage capacity I have on the bike.

So there's absolutely no excuse for getting lost, for failing to record my tracks and data or for duff photos. Apart from operator error, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment